Taking it to practice is one of my best-kept secrets, I say that because I don’t see many people taking them to the practice range, just to the golf course. It is just great for this, too many times at practice the yard markers have been moved so many times, who knows if they are accurate or not.
Taking precision readings is essential to getting better at your golf game. Not knowing is not the answer, think of your rangefinder as a tool a learning tool. A learning tool that takes some time to get the hang of.
It is best to teach yourself at home before taking it out, the instructions are easy enough to tackle as they are user friendly.
- They are much more accurate than their cousins the GPS models
- No memberships fees
- Scan the course and take distances as you scan, get the lay of the land
- Ease of operation
- Open the box install the battery (most come with battery) and use it right away
- You can take the laser rangefinder to any course in the world and be able to use it
- Level the playing field and get the competitive edge on your fellow golfers
- Check to see what the cart girl is doing
- You can get various models with different specialized modes like slope mode or a fog mode
- Makes choosing the right club easier
- Bonus…they will help you lower your score in time
Some say that they are useless and not needed, well in reality I guess they are not really needed. You can always play golf without one but it makes it easier to know your distances you get from different clubs. You can get to know what you can do with each one of your clubs, now you know what distance you can get out of a three iron. If they were, useless companies like Bushnell would be spending a lot of money on nothing then.
Well if you get the laser rangefinder with the slope mode, no more guessing at how the slope of the field is going to affect your shot. The slope mode will make quick diagnoses of the situation and give you the correct distance taking into account the slope of the course. Giving you the actual distance to the flag, the slope is quite hard to calculate.